I’m updating my blog and pivoting my content a bit. So I’m rewriting my about page, but I thought it’d be fun to save the old version as a post:
Hi! My name is Alicia and I help moms find their energy for life and motherhood. Let me tell you a little bit about how I got here.
In 2009 I had been reading and writing constantly for 7 years in biblical studies programs when I graduated with my masters degree. That summer my husband and I decided to start having kids and I spent the following 8 years having and raising four fun little boys. Now I’m rekindling my love of writing and combining it with my professional skills of websites and marketing.
To hear my vision for this blog check out my vision for you. But basically I spent the last 8 years as a stay at home mom with a part time web and marketing job I could do from home, trying to juggle everything and generally finding balance only to start over with the next kid. Along the way I learned from all the wonderful moms I’ve met from 6 years in MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) groups that I’m not alone.
After my fourth son was born I woke up and realized that all of my mom friends and I were tired and exhausted all of the time even though we seemed to have everything that we had been striving for: a stable marriage, healthy kids, a good home. But it was so hard to have energy, mentally, emotionally, and physically. Too often we felt like we were surviving this season of life instead of really living it.
I’m on a mission to find out how to have healthy, sustainable energy for myself and my family, and to do it in a way that leaves me vibrant, fulfilled and beautiful.
Welcome to the journey, we’re going to find the right balance between simplicity and opportunity. This will look different for each of us, and all of our stories will be beautiful.
Here are 61 fun facts about me
- I have four boys age 7, 5, 3, and 1.
- Growing up I always wanted 2 girls and 2 boys.
- Our youngest son is my favorite surprise.
- My favorite ages so far are newborn, 9 months, 3 yr, 4 yr, kindergarten, 1st grade. Okay, maybe everything except 2 yrs.
- I nursed each of my boys for a year. I feel like I should miss it, but I don’t.
- I had 4 c-sections and gained 40+ lbs each time.
- I had never tried to lose weight until my second son was born.
- The first time I lost the baby weight I read a ton about nutrition and now I can’t eat oreos or jello anymore, among a few other things.
- I’m currently 80% of the way done with my final weight loss effort.
- I played roller hockey in middle school and soccer in high school.
- I memorized a fourth of the new testament as a bible quizzer in high school.
- I love outdoor adventures, hiking, camping, kayaking, biking, and exploring new places.
- I want to be a stronger swimmer, but I hate getting water in my ears.
- I love fancy dresses but can’t remember the last time I wore one.
- My husband was an Eagle scout and loves any outdoor adventure.
- We’ve been camping 2-3x every year since we got married, and we’ve been married 10 yrs.
- I once coached my son’s Little League team.
- My favorite color is purple but my boys think it is yellow.
- My birthday is Valentine’s Day.
- I once counted calories for 100 days in a row.
- I once ate vegan for a summer.
- My favorite food is strawberries when I’m dieting and chocolate cake when I’m not.
- My husband was homeschooled after elementary school.
- I was homeschooled for one year – 6th grade.
- One of my personal goals is to homeschool our boys after elementary school.
- I am the goal-oriented, future-focused extrovert.
- My husband is the task-oriented, present-focused introvert.
- I never watch tv unless I’m watching sports with my husband, and even then I’m probably also reading a book.
- I don’t react to poison ivy or cry when I cut onions.
- I’m really flexible. Sometimes from my temperament and sometimes because of decision fatigue.
- Every time I read a great book it changes my life because I can’t stay the same after learning something new.
- My biggest regret is my student loan debt. I’m not sure what I should have done differently.
- I have a Masters Degree in Biblical Literature from Regent University.
- I was a research assistant for Graham Twelftree for 3 years.
- I collect girl-themed Legos.
- My friends are always asking me what I’m reading.
- I’m always in the middle of reading 3 different books.
- Reading these 5 books changed my life the most in 2017
- My greatest strength is designing systems and solutions to solve a problem.
- My biggest challenge is maintaining a system after the plan has been implemented.
- I dislike routines.
- I’ve worked 30 hrs a week mostly from home for the past 8 yrs, doing marketing and project management for a local real estate/tech company.
- I love learning new things about anything, but especially about internet marketing trends, and the psychology of why we do what we do.
- I love talking about balance but struggle to practice it in my daily life.
- This is the third time I’ve started a blog.
- I know I’ll stick with the blog this time because I’ve found alignment in my life between work, family, career, writing. Or at least I’ve found how to find alignment, I think it’s always a work in progress.
- I like to paint on canvases but rarely paint anything I’m willing to hang on the wall.
- I love personality tests. My favorite is the motivational gifts. I’m an Administrator-Teacher.
- Every time I take the DISC assessment I come out a different combination of S, C, and I.
- My love languages are words of affirmation and physical touch.
- I love buying ugly white houses and painting all of the walls. So far we’ve done it twice.
- I’m certified as a Growth Coach with Lifeforming Leadership Coaching. My mother-in-law is their head coach trainer.
- I used to tutor other students in college as a campus job, and I love mentoring, life coaching, giving any kind of one-on-one attention that identifies and solves a problem.
- After 8 yrs of constantly being nursing and pregnant, while raising young children, I’m making myself remember how to dream.
- Two items on my list of dreams are learning photography, and writing a book.
- Three writers I’d love to meet are Laura Vanderkam, Amy Lynn Andrews, and Tsh Oxenreider.
- I grew up in Kansas City. Now I live in southeastern Virginia and I love being a reasonable drive from both the mountains and the ocean.
- I dream about moving to a farm in Texas.
- I love sunsets.
- I love finishing things, such as lists with even numbers.
- I’m trying to loosen up and accept that things won’t always be perfect or end up how I planned them.
Alicia Eichmann is a writer, media strategist, web consultant, and growth coach. She has an MA in Biblical Literature from Regent University, her professional expertise is in marketing, project management, and online advertising. Her volunteer experience includes multiple church ministries, as well as Mother of Preschoolers, PTA, and Little League. Her coach certification is with Lifeforming Leadership Coaching. She currently resides in Suffolk, VA with her husband who is a web developer and their 4 boys.
This post was originally published on my first blog, energyformoms.com.